Easy to use and extremely powerful, Cinema 4D is a leading software in 3D animation and modeling used in film, television and video game creation and design. By learning to work with basic primitives, polygons, splines, textures, lights, cameras and dynamic animation, users can advance their production work into a full 3D modeling interface.
Because of it’s seamless integration with After Effects, VFX artists now have a full 3D modeling application at their fingertips, through the Cineware pipeline.
Through our two-day course, students will learn the fundamentals of getting started with Cinema 4D and appreciate how user-friendly and fun it is to create realistic 3D images and objects. Though Cinema 4d is a robust program, the basics will become a solid foundation to creating actual 3d geometry and using it in professional projects.
Through a series of in-class demonstrations, supervised activities and open play, students will learn not only how to navigate through the program but how to push the limit of their creative visions into rendered 3d scenes.
Who this class is for:
The course is structured for VFX artists and editors who want to get an introduction into 3D object and models in their video work.
Students should have a basic understanding a video editing and visual effects and some familiarity with Adobe After Effects will definitely be helpful.
By the end of this class students will:
- Understand the basics of navigating Cinema 4D and manipulating primitive objects
- Work with splines and generators to create complex geometry
- Modeling and deforming objects based on reference images
- Working with textures and lights to create realistic models
- Animating 3D scenes with keyframes and cameras
- Setting up 3D workflow from preferences to render settings
- Compositing models into video scenes and adding visual FX.
Each student gets their own workstation. Two-Day intensives are from 10am-6pm.
Interested in seeing what Cinema 4D can do? Click here to for a free trial version for 42 days!
Want to register? Click here.
Can’t make this one? Classes run monthly throughout the year!